South Sound Youth Lacrosse Association (SSYL)
Field Marshall Program
Goal – To help ensure a safe and good sportsman-like environment that exemplifies the “Honor the Game” slogan and to improve SSYL in alignment with Code of Conduct.
Objective – To monitor, marshal and report inappropriate behavior including but not limited to; derogatory language, taunting, any form of Referee intimidation, swearing, excessive yelling (as opposed to rooting), and/or aggressive behavior towards others.
· Marshal must be a player’s parent from each team.
· Attend the pre-game meeting to get Florescent Vest and meet other Marshal.
· Meet Score Table and Referees Staff
· Discuss how to work with Referees.
· Work with the Home Team Coach to put out End-line Balls out before, during and after the game.
· Only certified coaches, players, referees, and the table staff on Bench-side.
· Ask spectators to move to opposite side of the Bench – unless a separate fenced area.
· Ensure parent chairs and other objects are at least 3 yards off the field side line.
· Marshalls are to stand at opposite ends of the sideline.
· Warn parents, fans or anyone spectator of inappropriate behavior by referring to Code of Conduct.
· Notify Referee after giving a 2nd Warning to someone;
o ONLY DURING A DEAD-BALL – i.e. after a whistle, during penalties, time outs, half time, etc.
· After game is over return vest and help Score Table work team if needed.